Wanted to go light this week and this dish popped in my head. Made this dish a lot in the past as a side dish, but it creates such a nice broth in the cooking process, serving over rice or fresh pasta is great. I love it all on its own too. 😋
It is simply (meeting the Simply Yum rules), zucchini and tomatoes. Fresh is best. Got the most beautiful vine fresh tomatoes and farm fresh zucchini from @nalls_produce – nothing better than a tomato that tastes like a 🍅 🍅 🍅 🍅. So good!
Made a yummy fresh fruit salad too with watermelon, green grapes, pineapple, one each plum & peach, cantaloupe and blueberries.
Going through so much fruit water I picked up this 1.5 gallon container I can leave in my fridge. Lemon, lime, orange and a bit of pineapple.
Let me know if you try this zucchini & tomatoes dish. Great flavor and so simple. 👌
- Slice zucchini skin on – i prefer a thicker slice
- Slice tomatoes
- Grate fresh Parmigiano and Romano cheese
- Heat heavy skillet…i use olive oil and add fresh herbs, garlic and Italian seasoning to the oil.
- Add zucchini to hot skillet and reduce heat a bit. Add additional herbs and seasoning to taste and let the cook down turning often
- When the zucchini gets a bit soft. Add tomatoes and lower heat. Cover and let it cook down.
- Sprinkle a bit of cheese and cook a bit more.
- Let it sit for a few minutes heat off before serving
.#StrongisBeautiful #SweatisSexy #HealthisHappy
KINDNESS is FREE! 🖤🤍🤎💙💜💚💛🧡❤